- Whether you have minor or major injury, ask for some help. Before anything else, you need to check your condition. Get some help because it is essential that you immediately get medical attention.
- In case your injury is mild then it is important that you wait for the arrival of the police. While waiting for the police, never forget to take the contact information of the other party. Get his or her plate number.
- If there are people who witness the accident then it is highly recommended that you get their information. You can use their statement if you will pursue a lawsuit.
- Give statement to the police and file a report. See to it that you can document your statement. Give honest and accurate statement.
- In order to give accurate information or report to the police, it is essential that you document how the accident happened. Try to make mental notes about the cycling accident involving you. Try to remember how the accident happened, when it occurred and where it occurred. By doing so, you can give accurate and concise report when the police ask for your statement.
- When you get medical attention, never forget to record or document your injuries. Have some pictures of your injury because you can use such photos as your evidence.
- Preserve evidences of the accident. You can leave your bike in the location where the accident happened. Leave it in a state as after the cycling accident. Don’t attempt to fix anything.
- If the injury was bad, you may want to look at getting health insurance. We recommend taking a look at health insurance finder to find the best policy for you. This ensures that if you were to crash again, you could receive a pay off that would cover any damage to yourself or your bike.
All things listed above are essential things that will enable you to strengthen your claim as victim of the cycling accident. Doing such things will also help you protect your right under cycling law. It is also important that you seek advice from professional people who specialize on handling cycling cases. Your cycling lawyer at http://cycleinjuries.co.uk/ will represent you in the court. He or she will also help you get suitable and appropriate compensation to your claim. You can never forecast when a cycling accident will strike. The most important thing is that you follow regulations as provided by the cycling law. Be a responsible cyclist.